Information We Collect
You provide us information about yourself, such as your name and e-mail address,when you register with the
Service. If you correspond with us by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address
and our responses. In addition, you may choose to add information about your books which will be visible to the
users of ReadingRoots. You can add,modify and delete your books any time in the My Books section of the site after
you have signed in using your personal password.
- Cookies Information: When you visit ReadingRoots.in, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file
containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your browser and
lets ReadingRoots help you log in faster and enhance your navigation through the site. A cookie does not
collect personal information about you.
- Log File Information: Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you access a
web page. When you register with or view our site, our servers automatically record certain information that
your web browser sends whenever you visit any website. These server logs may include information such as your
web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of
clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
How We Use Your Information
- We use the personal information you submit to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and
functionality of the Service. ReadingRoots never discloses your personal information to any third party unless
you have instructed us to do so.
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service (for instance,
in User Content you post) becomes available to the public via the Service and our business partners. If you
remove User Content, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have copied or
stored your User Content.
- ReadingRoots takes reasonable measures to keep messages that you send to other Members through the Service
private between you and the recipient. However, even if you have deleted the message from your ReadingRoots
inbox or outbox, copies of the message may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if other users have
copied or stored the message.
- By providing ReadingRoots your email address you consent to our using the email address to send you
Service-related notices, including any notices required by law. We may also use your email address to send you
other messages, such as book requests, book request acceptance, email authentication etc.
- ReadingRoots may use certain information about you and/or your User Content without identifying you as an
individual to third parties. We do this for purposes such as analyzing how the Service is used, diagnosing
service or technical problems and maintaining security.
- ReadingRoots reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor the User Content such as book details you
post on the site. ReadingRoots has the right to remove any such information or material for any reason or no
reason, including without limitation, if in its sole opinion, such information or material violates, or may
those of any third party. ReadingRoots also reserves the right to remove information upon the request of any
- remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit
- provide custom, personalized content and information;
- monitor the effectiveness of our service
- monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors and traffic;
- diagnose or fix technology problems reported by our users or engineers that are associated with the IP
addresses controlled by a specific web company or ISP;
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in.
How We Protect Your Information
- ReadingRoots uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the
integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any
information you transmit to ReadingRoots and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of
information, ReadingRoots makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems.
However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed,
altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
- To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to
verify your identity before granting you access to your account. You are responsible for maintaining the
secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to your email
communications from ReadingRoots, at all times.
If we change our privacy policies and procedures, we will post those changes on our website to keep you aware of
what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it. Changes to this